The Department of Journalism and Communication is calling for abstracts of papers for inclusion in a book on the aforementioned subject. Submissions must focus on the general theme of the book: “Media for Children and Young People”.
The sub-themes include:
- Theoretical perspectives to Children or Young People’s programming
- Children or Young People’s Programming from the civil society point of view; emerging issues, opportunities, challenges and way forward.
- Public service broadcasting and children or Young People’s programming
- Children’s or Young People’s content in the print and broadcast media
- Video and film production for Children or Young People
- Protection of Children and Young People from exposure to adult media content
- Utilization of ICT and Social media by Children and Young People
- Reaching Children and Young People through C4D
- Other topic related to media, children and Young People
Intending authors are required to submit an abstract of not more than 500 words
or email@example.com not later than 10 August 2014
Authors whose abstracts will meet the criteria will be notified by 17 August 2014.
The first draft of the full paper is to be submitted by 17 September 2014.
For further information, contact:
Dr. Gorreti Nassanga
Department of Journalism & Communication,
Phone: +256 772 503878, +256 701 503878
Dr. Aaron Mushengyezi
School of Languages, Literature & Communication
Department of Literature
Assistant Lecturer/ Editorial Assistant
Department of Journalism & Communication
Phone: 0705740844, 0712740844