Grace Bantebya-Kyomuhendo is a Professor of Women and Gender Studies; and advocate for gender equality, social transformation and respect for women’s rights.
She is a distinguished social anthropologist with a wealth of experience in gender/ feminist and social norms research. Prof. Bantebya is the Principal Investigator (PI) on the “Whole University Approach: Kicking Sexual Harassment out of Higher Education Institutions in Uganda” (KISH Project).
In accordance with article 9.0 (b) (i) of the Makerere University Grants Administration Policy, the Vice Chancellor appointed Prof. Grace Bantebya Kyomuhendo Head of Grants Administration and Management Unit for a period of five (5) years with immediate effect.
The Head of Grants Administration and Management Unit reports directly to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance and Administration).
The responsibilities of the Head of Grants Administration and Management Unit include:
- Undertaking regular mapping and maintaining an up-to-date database of grants and funding opportunities and ensuring that these
- opportunities are communicated to faculty and staff in a timely manner
- Ensuring that Makerere University is registered with variousfunding agencies where necessary
- Supporting faculty and other staff of the University in the preparation of grants applications
- Supporting award winners in the grant negotiations and coordinate with relevant University authorities for the signing processes
- Liaising with relevant University authorities for project account set-up wherever necessary
- Following -up with Principal Investigators to ensure timely compliance with grant contract conditions and University policies
- Ensuring that concluded projects are appropriately closed out in accordance with University policies and guidelines
- Maintaining a database of all grants in the University
- Ensuring that all projects comply with the laws and policies of the University
- Be the Secretariat to the Grants Management Steering Committee
- Undertaking Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance in the execution of grants at the University
- Preparing quarterly reports in accordance with the provisions of this policy
Read more about Prof. Grace Bantebya by clicking on the link below:
We congratulate Prof. Grace Bantebya Kyomuhendo upon her appointment as We Build for the Future