The students of Bachelor of Arts in Ethics and Human Rights, School of Liberal and Performing Arts, College of Humanities and Social Sciences shall formally launch their newly created association, the Makerere University Ethics and Human Rights Association (MUEHRA) on Friday, the 28th March, 2014, in the Main Hall of Makerere University starting at 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. The major objective of this association is to contribute to the promotion and protection of human rights, ethical culture and integrity, tolerance and social justice in our society. His Excellency, the United States of America Ambassador in Uganda Scott Delisi will officiate as the Guest of Honour.
The launch will take place alongside the First annual Makerere University Human Rights Expo scheduled for 28th to 29th March 2014 at the former Faculty of Arts.The Annual Makerere University Human Rights Expo (MUHREX) is a University flagship event dedicated towards promoting Human Rights Awareness (sensitization) among students, academia and the general public. This innovative, practical and holistic approach to human rights promotion will include various Human Rights Open Space Forums, Exhibition, Book Fair, Internship & Career Forum, Fish Bowl Challenge, and the Human Right Film Festival. By moving the discussion of human rights, slightly away from theory to practice (action), the Expo will greatly contribute towards enhancing academic-practitioner collaboration, foster interdisciplinary dialogue, cultivate critical thinking on different human rights issues as well as expose students to various local and international institutions involved in the promotion and protection of human rights within the country, ranging from Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), International Agencies, Diplomatic missions, Development partners, Academic and Research Institutions, Private sector (Business) and Government agencies.
- To promote Human Rights awareness and consciousness among students and the wider public
- To enhance an ethical culture, integrity, tolerance and social justice in our society
- To expose (sensitize) students to various internship, research and job placement opportunities
- To build a close working relationship with various public and private institutions in the promotion of human rights and good governance
- To avail students with a unique social and professional networking event so as to enhance solidarity, identity and teamwork.
For further information please contact Mr.Tenywa Hamid (MUEHRA President) on 0703-536458 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org